Thursday, August 6, 2009

Another Great Adventure

Nita and I are readying ourselves for another Great Adventure. We leave the end of August for a month long adventure in Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam. We'll be traveling with thirteen other travelers, four that we met and befriended in 2007 on our China trip. We'll be traveling with Mike and Marcia Zimmer and Jerry and Jennifer Saulter.


You may have noticed that we've not been as active this year as last, this is in part to the fact that Nita broke her foot (took three screws to put it back together) in March and she has been immobilized until recently. We have spent some time in Atlanta, Indianapolis (I ran the Indy Mini Marathon with my brother Jerry) and the beach, but this will be our big trip this year. As in the past I will be carrying a computer and digital camera, both new and lighter, and will be making daily entries into my blog and downloading pictures into my Picasa Web Album.

I've created a new blog, http://bestofustravelers.blogspot.com/-- World Travelers Kerry and Nita Grinkmeyer. Nita feels I've gone over the top with my blog title, but that's what it is. I've moved my past entries over, so this will be my travel blog from now on, the old one is devoted to my business enterprises.

I've been asked about setting up blogs, I'm now up to 12, I use blogspot a Google product and WordPress. I feel blogspot is easier to work with but WordPress has more features if your serious about marketing your blog. WordPress seems to be more search engine friendly, meaning that more strangers and spammers will find you on the WordPress blogs. I encourage everyone to start a blog and a web album; it's a way to leave something behind. Mine will serve as a way for my great-great-great grandchildren to get to know me, a privilege which I do not have. I know more about Hitler then I know about my great grandfather both from Germany (that's a sad thing).
So you go for it: blogspot = www.bloger.com and WordPress = www.wordpress.org

I realize that some of you are on my Traveler Log List because of our past travels with Ron and Avie; there will be more travels with Ron and Avie next year and years to follow but this year they're headed to Canada while we're going to the far east. I will get Ron on an airplane again, he hasn't seen Italy or Germany.

Here's my plan, I'll send a general email when I enter my first post, it'll probably be from Thailand, then from that point on if you choose to follow our path through Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam you'll have to go, if you choose, to my blog site. Put it in your Favorites (click on the gold star top right while your on the blog, click Add To, and it'll be added to your Favorites List. If none of this makes sense to you, ask your grandchildren) then it'll be easy to access.

No comments:

Post a Comment